GEORESEARCH is a young research institution founded in 2016, yet we already collaborate with more than 50 international academic, governmental and company partners. Our partners include the European Commission, some of Europe’s leading academical institutions (e.g. Technical University Munich, ETH Zurich), high-profile research funding agencies (e.g. Austrian Academy of Sciences), major infrastructure operators (e.g. Austrian Federal Railways), public authorities (e.g. Province of Salzburg), operators of nature reserves (e.g. Nationalpark Hohe Tauern), major tourism businesses (e.g. Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG) and many other private enterprises.
Digitalization, connectivity, mobility – our world is changing with accelerating speed while many aspects of our lives are profoundly transformed. Technology continues to open up new, compelling opportunities that are not fully utilized by traditional approaches. Innovative, research-driven solutions are therefore in increasing demand, especially when it comes to resolving complex global-scale changes. Among the global issues defined by the UN climate change represents the greatest and most transcending challenge facing our world today. It is our motivation to research the consequences of climate change in alpine regions and to develop adaptation measures to protect lives and assets.
- Rock slope stability assessment (incl. permafrost detection, borehole measurements, laboratory tests, slope stability modelling)
- Landslide monitoring and early warning (incl. terrestrial/air-borne laserscanning, satellite and drone surveying, InSAR)
- Glacier mass balancing (incl. direct measurements, drone surveying)
- Meteorological hazard assessment (incl. data interpretation, impact assessment)
- Quantitative risk analysis (incl. rockfall/debris flow modelling, casualty probability calculation, exposure/vulnerability estimation)
- Geophysical investigations (incl. electrical resistivity tomography, ground-penetrating radar)
- InSAR/remote sensing analysis (multispectral, LiDAR)
- Sustainable structural engineering (incl. BIM, lifecycle concepts)
Company Name: GEORESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Description: Non-profit, non-universitary research institution
Founded: July 2016
Scientific Advisory Board: Prof. Dr. Michael Krautblatter (Technical University Munich), Prof. Dr. Andreas Lang (University of Salzburg), Prof. Dr. Robert Galler (Montanuniversität Leoben), Prof. Dr. Paul O'Leary (Montanuniversität Leoben)